Wednesday, June 6, 2007

The Write Books

Just yesterday my mother, sisters and I visited the new library of Baltimore! And I got a few helpful books on writing, my favorites starting at the top:

•'s are ratings

* A Teens Guide to Getting Published by twins Jessica and Danielle Dunn - Very informative with advice, a few very good teen listings, and an upbeat feel to the book. Plus examples to help you get started. •••••

* Websters New Explorer Dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms - When you're trying to write a sophisticated or comedic story or article and you need the right word to fit your theme or feel, awesome help! •••••

* The Complete Idiot's Guide to Grammar and Style by Laurie E. Rozakis, Ph.D. - When your internet decides to Zap out and you can't go to a helpful grammar site like Grammar Girl, this book is not only humorous but helpful to understand if your sentence is grammarically correct ( if you want it to be ) ••••


* Your Name in Print by father and daughter Elizabeth and Timothy Harper - Yawn . . . oh . . . yes the book review! This book is chockful of helpful information and testimonials, but maybe it's the font and letter size . . . this book is very boring. It's very hard to get through a helpful chapter without skipping to the interesting stuff. Besides the dullness of it, this is a very good book. I would probably only check it out again for the exercises and info, listings and such. •••


I'm probably going to buy my favorites and many more others( if I need them) when I get the money to do so. Until then having them at the library is just four thumbs up of help!

No comments: